Friday, May 13, 2011

Japanese exchange student!

I'm in class.
And I shouldn't be blogging, but shhh! I'm a terrible child as it is.

So I got a Japanese exchange student. His name is Yuki, and he's awesome. We took him to the fire hall (because in Japan it's extremely frowned upon for kids to go in fire halls) and gave him a quick tour, then we went home and introduced him to everyone. He freaking loves Ash (my brother's puppy). The next morning (as in yesterday) I had to wake him up and get him ready for school, but I didn't want to just shove him and tell him to wake up, so I took Ash and carefully put him on his bed. Ash began licking Yuki's face and woke him up. I don't know if he was mad or happy about that because he doesn't speak much English, but he didn't whip out a sword from no-where and slice off my head so I think I'm fine. We made him eggs and toast for breakfast, and apparently they don't eat stuff like that for breakfast because he took a picture of it before eating, but I gave him a bit too much because he got quite full. Apparently asians don't eat as much as we North Americans do. But I live in sort of a lumberjack town where everyone eats a lot even if you're anorexic looking. So yesterday Yuki and I got to skip English and go for a school tour with the other Japanese exchange students. We went to the agriculture building and Yuki and I got to hold a baby chick and pets all the animals. He seemed quite happy about that. We went to math afterwards, which was boring. We just did work and Yuki stared at the board the whole time because he was confused.
After Math was Social Studies, and we watched a slightly confusing, old, and interestingly action-packed movie. I don't remember the name, but it was about the English civil war. Yuki didn't know what was going on, I don't think, but watching a movie is better than listening to a teacher who is talking to you in a confusing language.
We went downtown for lunch and I bought him a slurpee which he chugged down in minutes (he was thirsty) and then I went to the bakery and bought some Double Chocolate Chip cookies (THEY ARE AMAZING). After spending lunch hour in the library conversating about nonsense we went for a town tour. Imma stop here, bells gonna ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment