Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gameboy!

GAMEBOY! :D
Remember that old electronic that was so 'in' in the 1990's? And if you have all the games for it you were the coolest damn kid in class?
Well today I felt like bringing my old gameboy to school and playing Pokemon Blue on it. I had actually gotten quite a bit of work done on the game. I got that lazy Snorlax to get outta my way on Route 12, I obtained a pokemon and taught it surf so I could swim around and such, and I defeated a gym leader. I stood in one of the stairwells of my school during lunch, playing away, when some assholes who are younger than me began to tease me about my gameboy, and how they had one when they were 5. I tried ignoring them at first, I was busy getting my Magikarp back from the Daycare Man so I could level him into a Gyardos, but the bastards wouldn't leave me alone. I looked up from my game finally, and asked simply, "So?" And here's how the conversation went:

Bastard #1: "I used to play that game, and then my mom got a job."
Bastard #2: "I have an xbox kinect! Beat that!"
Me: "Try bringing that into school, leaning up against a wall and playing without other people asking for a turn."
Bastards 1, 2 and 3: ".............."

They fell silent for a moment, attempting to think of a comeback. I guess they didn't have a DS either.
They left and I got my Magikarp back, and continued on my merry way through Cinnabar Island, defeating trainers and leveling up my pokemon happily. I was the God of Pokemon in my school, and no bastard with an xbox kinect was ever going to confront me ever again. The powers of the Gameboy raised me better than any parent would, and that's all that mattered at that time.

Pictures later, I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment