Friday, April 15, 2011

UPPPPPDAAAAATES! For once.

I can't think completely on what I'm going to type because I have my headphones on and I'm listening to Blind Guardian.
But I'm going to begin by saying that when I got back from Turkey and Greece I went to school, of course, and I got everything sorted out. My English teacher went easy on me, giving me only a bit of homework to start off with. In Socials I only got a page or two of homework, in PE I had to fill out a log of how much exercise I got while I was gone, in Science I did my homework (all three bloody chapters) in one night before I left. It turned out all that work was review and wasn't worth any marks. I did all my Math homework when I was gone, and when I got back the trouble began.
You see, my math teacher demands I do the algebra her way. But when I do it her way, I get the answers wrong. If I do it the way my dad showed me, which is the only way I get the answer right and I understand it, she takes marks off for not doing it her way. So either way I was to fail, and I did. I sat with a fairly high F, but an F is an F. I wasn't about to let that stupid teacher make me fail a class over something that's her own goddamn fault. The homework she assigned stressed me and made me upset, angry, and draw morbid pictures of her dying. This is my favourite picture I drew of her:






I thought it was beautiful.
And yes, her name is Ms. Freer. She's very short. And she's a bitch.
But continuing... So i was failing math and I was under so much stress that I couldn't concentrate in my other classes, not to mention my math teacher over-loaded me with more homework when I got back. In the midst of my stress, I snapped back at the teacher. She came up to me to tell me that I wasn't following her expectations, and the conversation went as follows:

Freer: You're not following my expectations. I want to see it done my way.
Me: You expectations are not the government expectations. All the government expectations are that you are to show your work when solving an equation. It doesn't say that you have to do it that specific way.
Freer: Well I want it down my way. This is the way it has to be done, and I will not accept work done differently.
(At this time most of the class was listening to our conversation)
Me: If the government wants me to do it their way, I'll do it their way. But your way is not the governments way, so necessarily I don't have to do it that way. Besides, you never even mark the answer, you only mark the work. How are our students supposed to benefit from your teachings if they aren't even getting the answer right but you're giving them marks anyway? Students cannot properly learn how to do algebra if they're not getting the answer. It's not the steps that matter anyway, it's the answer itself. When you get out of school and one day you have to do an algebra equation, we're not going to care about the steps, just that we got the answer right.
Freer: I'm looking for the steps because I'm trying to set you up next year for the more difficult math classes.
Me: Getting the answer wrong will not help us in future years of school. Also, my parents are going to this meeting you suggested.

She left after that to go help another student, leaving me the results of my test. I got 50% of the answers right, but when I looked at the mark, I was incredibly pissed. 2 and a half out of 29. Why? BECAUSE I DIDN'T DO IT THE BITCHES WAY.
I showed Dad. He raged, said my math teacher was a bitch, and then looked over every question and continued to mutter about how such a mark was completely unfair. Then he organized the date of the meeting and drove me to school that morning. Mom, Dad, and I sat down with her and Dad talked to Ms. Freer and the principal about the issue.



I could tell he was attempting not to explode out on her. So Mr Tobin, my principal, wrote down some things, then checked the system for Math classes in my E block. There were four classes that I could choose from, all of them good teachers, but dad chose a teacher named Ms. Bergeron because her husband is a firefighter, and my dad is the former fire chief.

So after that I went to Ms. Bergeron's class. She was a slightly chubby, short, but very jolly woman who assigned me a seat and told me what the class was working on. The classroom was full of people I didn't know, but they were kind, even though they ignored me, and the feel of the classroom is comfortable; not too dark, not too light, not too crowded, not too empty. The teacher explains things well and although the type of math we're doing only really has one possible way to get the solution, the teacher said that as long as we get the answer she doesn't care how we did it. So that made me happy.

In other news, I got a haircut. I feel pretty sexy.

Also, Norway and Muslims aren't too happy with each-other. The Muslims are being extremely demanding toward Norway, and they're moving into the country and making it a living hell for the Norwegians that live there, so when I go to Norway for University, I'm not just going to be there to learn, but rather to try and settle the madness the Muslims have created so Norwegians aren't fleeing their country because they don't feel safe in it. But hopefully by then the Norwegians decide to kick in the ol' Viking spirit and tell them to GTFO before I go there.
I love Norwegians, I love the language (which I've taken a block out of my elective to learn), and Muslims do have the right to their religion, but STILL. MUSLIMS-YOU CAN'T JUST GO TO NORWAY, SAY 'OH MY ALLAH, LOOK AT THIS PLACE, THE PEOPLE ARE EATING PORK AND DOING UN-MUSLIMISH THINGS!' AND THEN DECIDE TO F*** UP THEIR COUNTRY FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT. YOU GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY, YOU RESPECT THEM, THEY RESPECT YOU. THAT'S ALL YOU GOTTA DO TO SETTLE THE DISPUTE FOR GAWDS SAKE. SLUBBERDEGULLIONS.
If my arms were long enough, I'd stretch them out from Canada and give Norway a hug. And push all the Muslims back into their own bloody countries in the process. Those Muslims don't get hugs. Only the Norwegians.
If any Muslim reads this, I'm NOT against all the Muslims in the world, I'm just really pissed off at the ones that are f'ing up Norway and Sweden. So for the Muslims that are f'ing up Norway and Sweden-prepare to be destroyed by those Vikings once they feel they're fed up with you.










I say, it's beautiful.
VIKINGS FTW!

Other updates:
-I'm starting to accidentally include Norwegian in my everyday conversations. (I'll be speaking English and I'll accidentally slip a word in Norwegian)
-My brother got a puppy named Ash. He likes to nibble on my fingers and he hates baths. He's adorable. :3
-I'm passing Math
-I'm studying random stuff like crazy because I like being smart.
-I'm reading poems by Edgar Allen Poe and other famous authors. I'm not sure why.
-In two weeks I'll be off to visit relatives
-Ash is terrified of my stove pipe hat
-Ash is sleeping on the couch. :D
-My back hurts from leaning over and my fingers hurt from slamming at the keyboard in anger from my previous rants.

Hopefully I will not bore or annoy you with more rants next time I update.
And maybe I'll draw more.
okthxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment