Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS

Only three days to go and I get to mutilate the wrapping paper off of boxes and packages like a boss.
Here's how I imagine it:























I made that in about four minutes. And I coloured it too.

Also, the guy who is saying 'lawl' is a Belgian dude who is visiting us for Christmas. His name's Chris. He's pretty badass.
My siblings and I would always wake up really early and sneak as quietly as possible into the living room without waking our parents, and then look at all the gifts and whisper amongst ourselves of what we think was hidden beneath the colourful wrapping. One year when I was little I got up earlier before my siblings and looked over at my stocking. I saw something lumpy and black, and I ran into my brother's room on the bridge of tears thinking it was a lump of coal. I was not sensible enough at that age to think that if it was a lump of coal, it'd be at the bottom of my stocking, not sticking out the top. The black lump turned out to be a pair of blue slippers (it was dark in the living room, so it made it seem as though the slippers were a dark colour).





















See? I can draw good.
When I'm really happy my pupils disappear.
But I was devastated until my brother assured me it wasn't coal by showing me it was fuzzy.
I think it was a couple Christmas' ago or something, but my mom was exchanging presents with her friend in Ontario, and her daughters picked out a present for me. Apparently they didn't know me, because I was given a Barbie doll. I'm so glad they live on the other side of the country. So one of my friends suggested we make a video on '50 ways to destroy a Barbie doll'. Unfortunately, we never got it finished so the project that could have possibly won us 800 million views on youtube was discarded.
Even though none of us in our family are religious, we still celebrate Christmas because there are few things in the world that are as awesome as waking up and finding large amounts of presents under a dying tree who was leading a happy joyful life, absorbing sunlight until some bastard with an ugly mug comes along with an axe or a chainsaw and chops down his happiness and reason to feel good about being a tree. The birch trees are luckier than the other ones, but I'm sure some people find ripping bark off a birch tree enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment